Thursday 10 June 2010

time out....

from revision to post on this blog...actually, I'm procrastinating again...I arrived at the lap top to do some more revision...and have spent the last half an hour avoiding my note pages......finding myself here at my blog I was surprised to see it's been ages since I posted anything.......so here's an update.....

Have sat one exam and have three more to go. The Development of Mathematics in the Early Years was my option module and was the hardest module that I have studied this year. However, it was the most interesting for me. I liked it because it was nice to be in class with only 10 people...a nice change from the lecture theatre. Also, the subject was fascinating....loved learning about how children develop mathematical cognition....and investigating the idea that we have innate mathematical abilities. It was a tough subject to write about in the assignment....because it was hard to put into words...but I scored another first...so I was very happy. My other favourite module has been Children and Family in National and International Context; again very interesting subject and most of the lectures were delivered really well, two lecturers in particular were excellent. Loved really scrutinizing the social construction of childhood - Loved deconstructing issues such as child labour, child soldiers and UNCRC - looking at them in a different 'global' context - thus expanding and broadening my mind and opinions.....very interesting and thought provoking. A great module.....if I was going to do a masters (which I am NOT!) - I'd do it in this area!

I am amazed that I'm here about to approach the FINAL year! this time next year I'll be graduating.....!!!
I know there is still a year to go.....but I've enjoyed the last year and have learned so much...I have maintained the success of my marks so far and feel very able to cope with level 3...in fact, I'm looking forward to doing the dissertation...I know what I am going to do it on and it's going to be so interesting to do (info to follow soon!)...

Procrastinating over now......I think I'll go to bed now!

No comments: